Thursday, January 27, 2011
I will be adding to the ASPHALT TRAIL in the next few days, to include information on the TAINO People, and some of the other lesser-known Tribes and Peoples of Florida....maybe into Georgia, too.
Did you know that there is a fairly large population/community of SEMINOLE INDIANS in the Bahamas, on Andros Island?
More on THAT, and other stuff, later...Peace...;)
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Here is a very simple LIST of the Tribes/Nations that are currently found in FLORIDA...more detailed information, including locations and culture, will follow with continued research.
1. The Seminole Tribe of Florida
2. The Miccosukee Tribe
1. The Choctaw Nation of Florida
2. The Creeks East of the Mississippi
3. The Florida Tribe of Eastern Creeks
4. The Oklewaha Band of Seminoles
5. The Perdido Bay Tribe of Lower Muscogee Creeks
6. The Topachula Tribe
7. The Tuscola United Cherokee Tribe of Florida, Inc.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I am beginning with CONTACT information...FACEBOOK and EMAIL, specifically.
As the year moves forward, so will the VISION and GOALS of ALONG THE ASPHALT TRAIL...
So, travel with us, and discover the American Indian Cultures, Nations, and Tribes that are as close as your nearest major highway.